Brake hose is an important wearing part in the braking system of any vehicle. It is responsible for transmitting the braking force from the brake system to the brake caliper or wheel cylinder.
As with any other part of a vehicle, brake hoses are subject to wear and tear over time. They can become cracked, swollen, or otherwise damaged, which can affect their ability to function properly. When brake hoses are compromised, they can lead to a loss of brake pressure, resulting in longer stopping distances, reduced control over the vehicle, or even brake failure.
That’s why it’s essential to keep an eye on your vehicle’s brake hoses and replace them when necessary. How often brake hoses need to be replaced depends on several factors, such as the vehicle’s age, mileage, and driving conditions. However, it’s generally recommended to have them inspected annually and replaced every four to six years.
How do us check whether the brake lines need to be replaced?
- 1. The brake lines joint is rusted. The joints are corroded and rusted, and in severe cases, the joints will break, resulting in brake failure.
- 2. Brake hose drum. Although this kind of bulge will not cause the burst immediately, it is potential dangerous. If you continue to use it under the condition of bulge, it will surely cause the rubber brake hose tube to burst.
- 3. The brake lines is cracked. Because rubber has a certain service life, cracks will occur even if the brake hose has never been used, especially if the inferior hose is not made of high-quality EPDM material, cracks will appear soon, and will appear during use.
- 4. The brake hose has trauma and scratches. Then they may leak oil and burst at any time.
- 5. When the brake hose leaks oil, it means that it is very dangerous and needs to be replaced immediately.
How to Replace a Brake Hose？
Replacing brake hoses is a relatively straightforward process that can be done by a qualified mechanic or DIY enthusiast. The old hoses are removed, and new ones are installed and connected to the brake system. It’s important to use high-quality brake hoses that meet or exceed the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications to ensure optimal performance and safety.
It is important to use high-quality replacement parts that meet or exceed the specifications of the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Cheap or inferior brake hoses may not be able to withstand the pressures and stresses of the braking system and may fail prematurely, leading to a potentially dangerous situation.
Each auto parts have their serve life, but high quality and reliable auto parts can make driving safer and make the auto parts’ serving life longer. Auto hoses, choose Orientflex. High quality brake hoses use pure raw material.