Compared with other commonly used general rubber or special rubber, EPDM rubber hose main performance advantages are reflected in the following aspects.
- 1. Low density and high filling
The density of a rubber is lower, its density is 0.87. In addition, a large amount of oil can be added and fillers can be added, so the cost of rubber products can be reduced, making up for the disadvantage of high price of raw ethylene-propylene rubber, and for ethylene-propylene rubber with high Mooney value, the physical and mechanical energy after high filling is reduced. Not much.
- Aging resistance
Ethylene-propylene rubber has excellent weather resistance, ozone resistance, heat resistance, acid and alkali resistance, water vapor resistance, color stability, electrical properties, oil-filled properties and fluidity at room temperature. Ethylene-propylene rubber products can be used for a long time at 120℃, and can be used temporarily or intermittently at 150-200℃. Adding suitable antioxidants can increase its use temperature. EPDM rubber cross-linked with peroxide can be used under harsh conditions. Under the conditions of ozone concentration of 50pphm and stretching of 30%, EPDM rubber can reach more than 150h without cracking.
- Corrosion resistance
Due to the lack of polarity and low unsaturation of ethylene-propylene rubber, it has good resistance to various polar chemicals such as alcohols, acids, alkalis, oxidants, refrigerants, detergents, animal and vegetable oils, ketones and greases. ; But it has poor stability in aliphatic and aromatic solvents (such as gasoline, benzene, etc.) and mineral oil. The performance will also decrease under the long-term action of concentrated acid. In ISO/TO 7620, nearly 400 kinds of corrosive gaseous and liquid chemicals have been collected on various rubber properties, and 1-4 levels are specified to indicate the degree of action, and the effect of corrosive chemicals on rubber properties.
The main performance advantages of EPDM rubber hose
Compared with other commonly used general-purpose rubber or special rubber, the main performance advantages of EPDM rubber hose lie in the following aspects.
(1) High cost performance, raw rubber density is only 0.86 ~ 0.90g/cm3, it is a common rubber with the lightest raw rubber density; and it can be filled in large quantities to reduce the cost of rubber.
(2) Excellent aging resistance, weather resistance, ozone resistance, sunlight resistance, heat resistance, water resistance, water vapor resistance, ultraviolet resistance, radiation resistance and other aging properties, in combination with other unsaturated diene rubbers such as NR, SBR, When BR, NBR, and CR are used together, EPDM can function as a macromolecular antioxidant or antioxidant.
(3) Excellent chemical resistance properties, acid, alkali, detergent, animal and vegetable oils, alcohols, ketones, etc.; excellent water resistance, superheat resistance, water vapor resistance; polar oil resistance.
(4) Excellent insulating properties, volume resistivity 1016Q·cm, breakdown voltage 30-40MV/m, dielectric constant (1kHz, 20℃) 2.27.
(5) The applicable temperature range is wide, the lowest operating temperature is -40 ~ -60 ℃, and it can be used under the condition of 130 ℃ for a long time.